Gathering and Drying Herbs for the Winter

 One of the things I love is growing my own herbs to use when I'm cooking.

Since frost is being called for soon in our area, I went to my herb garden yesterday and cut the herbs I want to dry.

Since I am on Periscope I did a live broadcast of gathering my herbs and then bundling and hanging them. You can find me there as @LorineMS or OliveTreeGenealogy if you want to follow me for more live broadcasts.

The two short videos are now online on my OliveTreeGenealogy YouTube Channel if you want to take a peek.

Gathering my herbs before the frost!

Hanging the herbs I just gathered

So far I've finished my Sage, Rosemary, Marjoram and Oregano. Still to go - Thyme, Parsley and Chives! I didn't grow as many herbs this year but I'm happy with my harvest.

Comments