Kak's Best Ever Potato Salad

My husband's grandmother gave me this recipe and it's one of the best Potato Salad's I've ever had. 

I watched her make it and she mixed everything in the same pot the potatoes were cooked in - with the heat on as low as it will go. 

She insisted that the potatoes must be dry after being drained from the water and that this is the only method that works to create the best potato salad.

Potato Salad a la Kak

 

Cook 6 big potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes. Drain them. They must be very dry (see my note above). Break the potatoes up with a fork (rough chunked)


Cook 4-6 eggs hard boiled and chop them up roughly.

Add about 4 Tbsp of Mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste and about 1/4 tsp Dry mustard for zip.


Chop up green onions (about 2) and thinly slice 1 celery stalk. Mix everything in with the potatoes and serve cold.

Comments