Parmesan Cheese Carrot Fries


One of my favourite sides is parmesan cheese carrot fries that I make in my Air Fryer (another appliance I could not live without!)

These fries are so good and taste nothing like carrots! So if you have a child who hates carrots, cooked or raw, try serving these. Since they are "fried" in an Air Fryer using very little fat, and never sitting in the fat, they are also healthy.

Trying to convince my mother-in-law how good these little treats are, I lugged my Air Fryer to her house and made them. She loved them so much, she bought an Air Fryer and now eats them almost every day. Success! 



After a great deal of research on the best Air Fryers, I purchased the Philips version pictured below.



Ingredients and Method

Peel and cut 4 carrots in matchstick pieces and toss in 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil, 2 garlic cloves mashed, and enough grated Parmesan cheese to coat. Mix well.

It's best to scoop the carrot sticks out of the oil using a slotted spoon. Here's my must-have slotted spoon that has pride of place in my kitchen.

Place the drained carrots in the air fryer basket, set temperature to 350' and 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove basket, stir fries, and set for another 5-10 minutes.

Serve them hot, on their own, or with a dipping sauce of your choice. 

Comments