Sweet Orange-Marmalade Chicken

We eat a lot of chicken. In fact about one year after we were married, my husband told me he never realized there were so many different ways to cook chicken! 

Over the years I've come up with a lot of chicken recipes, and today I'm trying another one. There's something about the taste of orange marmalade when it's mixed with other ingredients that is so amazingly yummy that I had to try it with a Barbecue Sauce to pour over chicken breasts. 

The wonderful thing about this method of cooking chicken is that you only need a few ingredients. I used 

1/2 cup of Orange Marmalade
1/2 cup Diana Sauce for Chicken and Ribs (you can use any Barbeque Sauce you like)

1 tsp. Orange peel, dried. You can use fresh grated peel if you have it
1 package (about 1 Tbsp.) of Soy Sauce
3 chicken breasts, boneless
1 tsp. Tarragon


I mixed the sauce ingredients (not the Tarragon or chicken) in a saucepan over low heat just until combined. Pour over the chicken which you placed in a small casserole dish. Add 1 tsp. Tarragon and put in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. Then cook in a 350' oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165'

This goes great with rice and a salad. I had planned to serve mine tonight with steamed asparagus and baked potaotes with sour cream and chives but the asparagus wasn't fresh a so we went with broccoli.

Comments

Sophie said…
Wow Ollie, it might be a classical way of doing things, however the taste is what really matters in the end and this is fantastic. I can certainly believe your husbands lack of knowledge on the many secrets of chicken, mine is ignorant on the matter as well! Oh well, it is always fun to see the look on his face.
Alan said…
I made this and it turned out to be one tasty and yummy dish. Thank you for posting the recipe.