Avacado Chickpea and Feta Cheese Salad

I love Avacado, Chick peas and Feta cheese!  

My husband detests Avacado with Chick peas a close second so I had to figure out how much of each ingredient to use for just one person (me!)

Basically I just started by putting in as many chickpeas as I thought I would like, then I added an equal amount of feta cheese. Then one avacado did the trick! For green onion, just put in as much as you think you would like! 

I've given ingredient portions as best I could for those who like to follow a recipe but honestly, just play with it! However please don't leave out or substitute one of the key ingredients. 

I was horrified to see comments on the original recipe such as "I hate avacado, I'll just leave that out" and "Ugh no crunchy chickpeas and I don't like feta so what else can I use instead?" Ummm okay you don't have this salad anymore, you've got chickpeas and feta or avacado all by its lonesome. 

It's kind of all about the contrasts between the soft avacado, the slightly crunchy chickpeas and the salty feta cheese! Okay off my soapbox - here's the recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 avocados, diced
  • 1Tbsp. cup chopped fresh parsley (or fresh Cilantro)
  • 1/2 - 1 green onion,  sliced
  • 1/3 cup feta cheese
  • 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. 
  2. Using 2 large spoons, stir gently to combine, making sure not to mash the avocadoes and feta.
  3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Comments