Sour Cream Pumpkin Bread Revisited

Today I made my favourite Pumpkin Bread recipe. With a bit of a twist.

I replaced half the butter with my homemade applesauce. Then I replaced half the sour cream with plain Greek Yogurt. I did this because I don't like low-fat sour cream and the regular is a bit higher in fats than Greek Yogurt.

I also added 1 tsp. of Flax Seed (ground) to the dry ingredients. (See original Pumpkin Bread recipe. for ingredients and amounts)

I doubled my recipe and made two loaves of pumpkin bread plus six large pumpkin muffins. 

Ask me how good it was! Answer: Delicious.


Creaming the butter, applesauce and sugar
Adding eggs and vanilla to the sugar-butter-applesauce mixture
Mixing the pumpkin puree, sour cream and Greek Yogurt in a separate bowl. Did you  know you can freeze leftover pumpkin puree? I put it in one cup containers, pop it in the freezer and it's ready for use next time I want to make something with pumpkin
The egg, vanilla, butter, sugar and applesauce mixture is now beaten with a rotary beater

Mixing the dry ingredients in a separate bowl

Everything gets dumped into one large bowl and beaten until just blended
Pour into greased loaf pans or muffin pans
Bake muffins for 30 minutes at 350' or bread for 45 minutes at 350'


Comments