Yummy Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb

 This is the only photo I have of a delicious leg of lamb I cooked in my slow-cooker a few days ago. I lost all the other photos!

So I don't have pictures of the preparation but it's super easy and I know you won't have any problem following along.

First I bought a New Zealand frozen Leg of Lamb. We could not get fresh lamb where I live.

Put the leg of lamb in your fridge and let it defrost. It will take about 2 days.

Then you are ready to start cooking.





Take the defrosted leg of lamb and put it in a slow-cooker. I added approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, a smidgeon of Virgin Olive Oil (about 1 1/2 Tbsp.), 1/2 a lemon squeezed, 2 tsp. of oregano, and 1 tsp. of crushed dried rosemary from my herb garden. I also tossed cut the 1/2 lemon in slices and threw them in as well. Then I let it cook on LOW for 8 hours.

This is the meat I cut off the bone AFTER hubs and I had one full meal out of it. It was delicious with a nice mild lemony flavour, very tender and quite lovely.
It's kind of gross but this is what you are left with when you cut all that tender meat off the bone. Our 14 pot-belly pigs loved that leg bone! We feed them all our leftovers.

Speaking of leftovers, I was at a loss as to how to use our meat leftovers up, since I don't care for lamb leftover as a meal with vegetables. So I took 1/3 of the meat you see here and made lamb-lentil soup. I'll put the recipe for that up ASAP.

The next day I made delicious lamb-tzatziki sandwiches! Hubs pronounced them "absolutely delicious" which is high praise.

Comments