The Birth of Ollie's Yummy in Your Tummy

 Ollie's Yummy in Your Tummy came to be out of two separate events in my life. My youngest son loved to cook with me. At an early age he declared he wanted to open a restaurant when he was older, called "Tyler's Yummy in Your Tummy" He never did open that restaurant but I loved the name and decided to use it for my Blog on Cooking and Recipes.



 "Ollie" replaced the name "Tyler" in the title simply because that same son suggested the nickname Ollie when my first grandchild was born. My middle name is Olive after my Grandmother, and I became Grandma Ollie to my grandchildren. And thus Ollie's Yummy in Your Tummy was born!



 This blog will be a collection of recipes - family, my own, and any others I can find in my collection. I've been cooking for almost 50 years - having started as a pre-teen. In Ollie's Yummy in Your Tummy I'll share my favourite recipes, tips and techniques with you.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Yummy Pumpkin Bread

Ollies Yummy in Your Tummy - Pumpkin Bread
I love Pumpkin Bread. I've tried many different recipes but this is my favourite.

You need
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. pumpkin puree (not the pie filling)
1/2 c. sour cream or yogurt
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinammon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves






Start with the following ingredients:


1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 c. sugar
Sugar and butter creamed

Cream these together until it looks crumbly.
Eggs and vanilla added

Next add:

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat until smooth. Now add

1 c. pumpkin puree (not the pie filling!)
1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt

Beat again until well mixed

Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl mix the following dry ingredients

1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinammon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Final Batter Ready for Oven

Beat until mixed the pour into one greased loaf pan. I use spray oil to grease my pans.

Bake at 350' for one hour. The loaves you see here were from this recipe but I put them into two mini loaf pans as I wanted a loaf that was not as high as baking in one pan would give. For two smaller pans bake 45 minutes



Test with a knife in the middle to be sure the inside is no longer wet. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making this today looks good. Thank you for sharing.