Rib-Ticklin' Spareribs

Spareribs are the only pork I eat. And I love them. But it took me years to find a recipe for cooking them in a way that suited me. This is it, so I thought I'd share it with you. I found it in a Canadian Living Magazine a few years ago.

 This is all you need to make these amazing ribs. A roast pan (I like to use one with a removable rack so there's less mess), tin foil, paprika, salt, cumin, brown sugar and of course - ribs. You'll need your favourite barbeque sauce too. I like Chipotle for Ribs and Chicken.
 Mix together 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar with 3 tsp  paprika, 4 tsp cumin (the original recipe calls for 4 tsp of paprika but that's too much for my taste) plus 1 tsp of salt. Set this aside while you prepare the ribs by cutting them into smaller sections. I usually cut between every second rib.
 Arrange the ribs in a foil lined roasting pan.
Rub the ribs with the brown sugar mixture
Cover with tin foil and bake in a 400' oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove from oven and drain the fat off the ribs. Then brush them liberally with barbeque sauce and return to oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. I usually reduce the heat a bit for this last stage to 375'. Watch that they don't burn but you want them nice and browned and the sauce a bit bubbly.
Rib Ticklin' Spareribs

Remove from oven, cut the ribs into single portions for ease of eating, serve with your favourite vegetables and enjoy!  Usually I serve ribs with a loaded baked potato and a green vegetable but tonight I had leftover macaroni and cheese to use up so that's what you see here.

Comments