Kathy's Honey-Dijon Salad Dressing

Salad with Honey-Dijon Dressing
My stepdaughter brought a delicious Honey-Dijon dressing for salad to a dinner at my house recently.

It was so good I asked for her recipe and made it a few days ago.

Yesterday I made it again and this time I did a bit of tweaking using a different kind of vinegar and adding 4 mandarin orange slices to the dressing while blending it.

The jury's still out on which one we like best! But here's all you need to do to make this yummy salad dressing.


Ingredients for Honey-Dijon Dressing
Ingredients:
3 TBSP cider or rice vinegar
3 TBSP honey (be generous)
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
6 TBSP mayonnaise. Don't use Miracle Whip, you need the real thing
2 cloves garlic crushed (or more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

The above ingredients get put in your blender and mixed until smooth.  This is where I added 4 wedges of mandarin orange for my second time making this salad dressing.

You can see the ingredients on the right, except I forgot to put the mustard in the picture!

Dressing Blended and ready for Olive Oil
Next you're going to SLOWLY drizzle in 3/4 cup Olive Oil. I used Extra-Virgin as I like that flavor better.

Keep blending until it's nice and smooth, then transfer it to a glass jar or salad dressing container. You can refrigerate overnight if you wish.

Just before adding to your salad, chop some fresh parsley and add it to your dressing. Be sure you shake the dressing well before pouring it on your salad, then toss.




My salad before adding dressing
I made a salad of romaine lettuce, grated carrots, chopped hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, mandarin orange slices and shredded cheddar cheese.

Once I added the dressing and tossed it, we had a super easy and super yummy meal!

Comments