My Favourite Cooking Tips and Tools

Lately I've been thinking about some of my favourite (can't live without!) utensils and appliances in my kitchen. I'm going to make this an ongoing feature so I hope you find it helpful.

Being a huge soup fan, I've been using my Instant-pot almost daily. At first I admit I was afraid of it. But eventually I got my nerve up and eased into getting used to it. A few weeks later I was an ardent fan.

I have two - a 6 quart and a 3 quart. Here's the one I use the most - Instant Pot DUO60

This one's for when I make stew, macaroni and cheese or other big pot meals. And of course my soups like Minestrone Three Ways , or Ham Corn Chowder (recipe coming soon!) that I want to make in large quantities to freeze.

I use the smaller 3 quart for soups that don't freeze as well. I have a dynamite recipe for Potato Leek Bacon soup . I make that in my 3 quart - a few minutes and done!  In fact I'm making it today as I've had a craving for it now for a few weeks. I confess that I have not eaten soup from a can for over 35 years. Homemade isn't that much work, especially if you make large quantities that you can freeze for when you get a cold rainy or snowy day and nothing will do but that wonderful comfort food.
  
Since I don't have a recipe for you today, let me leave you with a link to a soup  called Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup that I'm going to try next week. Of course I'll tweak it and add the recipe here if I like the result, but here's the original in case you want to try it before I get to it.

Comments