We love it for its simplicity, but it is delicious and as you can see, very pretty to serve.
Next time I plan to make rice to serve with it.
- 1 package of chicken thighs (I used 8 thighs)
- 1 -2 sweet bell peppers. I used 1 yellow and that was enough for us, but it's a personal choice
- 1 red onion, cut in quarters or smaller
- 1 bunch of asparagus (I used 12 spears, ends broken off and cut in half)
- 1 - 2 carrots, julienned, about 3 inches long
- 1 package of mushrooms (1/2 - 1 cup) Next time I'm using more
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 leaves Fresh Sage, chopped or 3 small leaves dried, crumbled
- 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Spray Oil for baking trays
The vegetables. I ended up not using the red pepper. Next time I will use more mushrooms.
The spices and other ingredients. Use fresh herbs if possible. I had to use my dried sage leaves as I don't have any fresh growing right now.
Vegetables chopped and in bowl ready for the thighs and marinade
Everything in the marinade, ready to go in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes
Ingredients spread out on two baking sheets that have been sprayed with oil. The chicken is separated from the vegetables, and the vegetables are spread out to form one layer.
Ready to eat! This is only half of what I cooked. The rest is in the fridge for next day's meal.
Note: Original recipe on SkinnyTaste.com