I'm afraid I don't have any photos of the process but it's super easy. Here's what you need:
1 spaghetti squash for every two people. I cooked 2 so my recipe below is for 2 squash.
1 cup of salsa (mild, medium or hot - your choice)
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, rough chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 19-oz. can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen Peaches and Cream Corn
1 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil + a bit more
1 tsp. feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp. of Greek Feta & Oregano Salad Dressing
1-2 cups of cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp. Cumin
1-2 tsp. Cilantro (or 1 tsp. fresh)
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Table Salt
pepper to taste
Here's what you do:
1. Wash the squash then pierce all over with a sharp knife. Microwave for about 5 minutes until the squash is easily sliced, then slice each in half lengthwise. You can see how I prepped the squash on my Savory Butternut Squash Soup recipe.
2. Scoop out the seeds and the stringy loose inside of the squash and place them, cut side up, on a foil lined baking tray.
|Filled and ready for the oven|
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then carefully scoop out the long spaghetti-like strands with a fork. Set aside in a bowl for now.
|8 year old grandson digs in|
1. Prepare your sweet peppers, onion, and tomato then saute in about 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a few minutes. You want to soften the onion and peppers slightly.
2. Turn off heat and add the spices (table salt, cumin, cilantro, pepper). Stir well.
3. Add feta cheese and salad dressing and stir, then add the corn and black beans. Stir well then add the salsa and stir again. Bring back to heat and then remove from stove top.
|10 year old slathers on the sour cream|
5. When you have finished layering the squash halves, sprinkle 1- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese on top. Try to distribute the cheese as evenly as possible.
6. Return to a 350' oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. You can broil the squash instead if you want to. I just set mine to bake for 5-7 minutes and created that yummy goodness you see above.
7. Serve with sour cream on the side and enjoy!
Adapted from Making Thyme for Health